Are down lights and fluoro tubes eating up your electricity budget?
As part of the Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES), we can help replace the lighting at your business premises with modern, energy efficient LEDs.
The REES is a South Australian government initiative to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Businesses not only save on lighting replacement costs, but benefit from reduced electricity bills and a lower carbon footprint, too. Upgrades to high-bay lighting are also available.
Call 1300 430 917 or submit your details below to arrange a free onsite quote. To assist this process, please download and complete the Commercial Lighting Checklist to include in your submission.
Make the switch to LED
Two available upgrades:
Halogen down lights to LED
You may be eligible for up to 180 lights upgraded, worth up to $4,320 in product value#
Looking for more efficient lighting options?
Upgrading to LED lighting is a fast way to reduce electricity consumption. LEDs use up to 75% less energy than traditional commercial lighting^, to help your business save on power while maintaining a safe and productive workplace.
Please contact our REES Partner, Trades Services SA for further details.
Which businesses are eligible?
REES lighting upgrades are available to businesses that:
- Consume up to 160 MWh in electricity per year (larger energy users may still be eligible on payment of a fee)
- Have not previously received a lighting upgrade under the REES (see Inspection and installation conditions’ below for more information about fees)
- Can obtain permission from the premise’s landlord
- Have existing fluorescent magnetic ballast lights and/or halogen down lights installed
- Are available for a site inspection with a minimum of 20 lights for upgrade
- Do not require the lights to be repositioned.
Call 1300 430 917 or submit your details below to arrange a free quote.
Inspection and installation Terms and Conditions
*A free standard installation requires that the site is in good electrical working condition – for instance, the switchboard, electrical cabling and lighting sockets are all operating compliantly. A standard installation usually includes a free scissor lift (value $550).
- Charges may apply for non-standard installations, switchboard upgrade, wiring upgrade and/or certain distances from Adelaide.
- All offers are available in metropolitan and greater-Adelaide surrounds until 30/11/20 or until they are withdrawn, whichever is earlier.
- Regional locations may be subject to availability of a TSSA representative. Contact TSSA to find out if TSSA operates in your area.
- Offer is subject to site inspection, with a compulsory minimum of 20 lights eligible for upgrade. Installation costs will depend on adequate power supply for replacing existing lights in the same location. Any switchboard work or upgrades will incur additional charges. Additional charges may apply if a non–standard scissor lift is required or access requires additional equipment/tools.
- Non-working lights may need to be replaced to comply with AS/NZS1680; they may be replaced at market rates and they are not eligible for the REES rebate.
- New installations which do not involve replacing existing lights are not eligible for the REES rebate and will be charged at market rates. Any additional parts or materials will incur additional charges.
- Offers are for the replacement of existing magnetic ballast fluorescent tubes with LED tubes in the same location, and/or for the replacement of existing down lights in the same location.
- All replaced lighting will be removed from site and recycled by TSSA.
- REES only allows for a maximum of 900 GJ REES credits to be generated per site.
- All REES energy credits created under this offer must be assigned to AGL. For this offer to be valid, TSSA must supply and install the lighting.
- Large business customers (those where the National Meter Identifier (NMI) / site consumes upwards of 160 MWh of electricity per annum) are required to contribute a minimum of $1.40 per GJ (incl. GST) saved by the upgrade. Small businesses do not have to pay this statutory fee.
- Only available for premises which have not previously had LED lights installed under REES.